Gosh I feel like I almost need to dust this blog off its been so long. I hope y'all missed me as much as I missed posting to you. So how about a big red cupcake to get us reacquainted? I've made this recipe in cake form before but since it was for a customer I wasn't really able to blog about it. These were all for family and boy were they AMAZING. Seriously will never use another red velvet cake recipe again. This is THE red velvet recipe. This is a recipe from the magnificent Bakerella. Find her post here. For those bums like myself I'll include the recipe here as well. Just because I love y'all! Please note I used a whipped cream cheese frosting for my cupcakes and it beyond delicious. *WARNING* Those on a diet should not try this frosting even a bit. You will be addicted!
|Red Velvet Cupcake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting|
Red Velvet Cake from Bakerella
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 oz. red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans.Line cupcake pans with liners (should get 22-24)
- Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with a wire whisk. Add remaining liquid ingredients and stir together with whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir together really good with another wire whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or until completely combined.
- Pour into cake pans and then drop the pans on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for about
30 minutes18-22mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After about ten minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack. I also cover in plastic wrap while the cakes cool. Note tops with be slightly hard have no fear the inside is fluffy and moist. Several of these cupcakes were consumed before frosting could be added. They are that good!
- Then make the frosting.
I can not for the life of me remember where I found this frosting recipe so anyone who knows the location of this pleaseeeee let me know so I can give credit
Ms. Humble's Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
16oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy cream, cold. Higher the fat content, the better
Beat the cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. In a separate bowl,
beat the heavy cream to nearly stiff peaks, then add the whipped cream into the
cheese mixture and quickly and briefly beat to combine. Do not over beat.
I created the flower on top out of white chocolate petals and mini chocolate chips. I will be creating a tutorial on this soon.