Friday, May 27, 2011

French Toast Cupcakes

Hello lovelies! Baking is one of my favorite things.  Cupcakes especially! I love surfing baking blogs and experimenting on my own.  One of my favorite cupcakes recipes so far is for french toast cupcakes.  I found the recipe here.
 For those to lazy to click:

Makes 20 to 24 cupcakes 1 package plain yellow cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside. Mix cake mix, pudding packet, milk, oil, eggs, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth (approximately 2 minutes). Spoon batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it 2/3 full.
Bake approximately 15-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.


Maple Syrup Frosting (this is now one of my fave cream cheese frostings)
3 cups powdered sugar
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)-I use grade A and it tastes divine
Sift powdered sugar into a medium sized bowl. Mix cream cheese and butter with electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and maple syrup and beat until smooth.

I tried the crushed cereal on top and it was good but got soggy very quickly so I don't use it anymore.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment