Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, New You

Hello Lovely Dolls!
  Happy New Year...or Almost New Year.  Whoo is some ways I can't believe 2012 is already over and in others it seems like 2013 should be half over.
I keep hearing all about people making resolutions and New Year, New You and I really just needed to get my piece out about that.  New Year New Me...frankly I'm pretty dang awesome and don't believe the need to be a "new" me.  I'm not perfect and am all for making a BETTER you, but stop acting like you aren't fabulous.  Should you truly hate the person you are that you need to be a "new" you than why wait til the new year?  I'd get on the business STAT!
Resolutions are also a wonderful in my eyes but stop thinking of them as something that has to be done on January 1st or forget it til next year.  Make your promises or goals to yourself but don't get down if you falter or fall.  Rome wasn't built in a day and habits can't be changed in one either.

Last gripe- Stop making resolutions to please other people.  Live for YOU, do what makes YOU happy.  The only person you have to live with forever is YOU.  Why not make it a happy lifetime?

Now on to 2012 and saying goodbye...
2012 had been a pretty rough year for a lot of people, myself included. I lost some "friends" and my precious doggy.  I was passed over for well deserved promotions and some unexpected expenses.  This year is taken a toll on my grandfather and I fear we will lose him in 2013, but I cherish this Christmas.
I ended up getting a better promotion for all my hard work and patience.  I've made some amazing friends including adding a new bestie to my life.  I got a new pup that has stolen my heart, and my socks.  I got to spend lots of time with my God given sister, Reigh. I was able to spend some great times with my other best friends, and even a bit with family.  I found a great passion for makeup and continued my art of baking.
I have no regrets from this year only lessons.  I got to know some amazing small business owners and even became great friends with a few.

With good there is always bad when you really start laying it out the good generally out weighs the bad.  So I'm going to make my resolutions to do my part for a better year.

Resolutions/promises/whatever you want to call them:
1. Work on my family tree.  I think this is most important to me because I really want to know more about my family living and past.

2. Post more looks.  I have tons of stuff that just sits there.  I feel power and unbeatable when I put on those amazing colors and I want more of that.

3. Use or throw away more stuff.  I have stuff that has sat in drawers or closets or boxes for far to long.  I need to declutter and keep it that way.

4. Go see more movies.  I LOVE seeing movies and I miss so many now a days so even if I go alone I'm going to see more movies in theaters.

5. Spend more time with friends and family.  I have some amazing people in my life and I want as much quality time with them as I can get, cuz I'm selfish like that.

6. Take more pictures.  I like talking pictures LOL

7. For every negative thought I must think a positive one.  This will help me frown less and enjoy more.

8. Blog more...about EVERYTHING.  I think I did better this year but I can top that next year.

9. Take more me time to relax and enjoy my own mind/crafts/books/whatever makes me happy.

10. Work on a healthier lifestyle.  Notice I didn't say lose weight.  Life shouldn't be about a number on a scale it should be about the number of years you live.

In 6 months we will see how well I've done with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment