Monday, January 23, 2012

Dessert Is Served Part 2

Howdy Loves
So last night I posted a quick and easy dinner that is super yummy; and promised to post the fabulous dessert I made to go with it.

I decided since its a thick and hearty dinner to make a bite sized dessert.  I generally bake at least once a week and when the holidays hit so did stress and illness so my baking took a back burner to everything and it feels great to be back!  One of my father coworkers attributes her weight loss to the fact that I stopped baking; and said I was an evil evil person when she tasted these...they are her new favorite.

With all that being said I oopsed the recipe...and it was wonderful.  I'd love to say "Yeah I totally meant for that to happen"  I didn't and can't lie to you.  You'll see what I mean.









My little helper.






Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites
Adapted from Created by Diane

2 (16 oz) package refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough (you could even use your favorite homemade dough)
 8 oz Cream Cheese (room temperature)
 3 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
1 pkg Milk Chocolate Chips (omit if you make smaller cookies)

  1. Roll 1Tbsp of cookie dough into a ball for each cookie.(This is where my booboo came in if you'd like them to be simple and small like the originals you'll need to make them 2 tsp each ball and half the filling ingredients.)  
  2. Place balls of dough into paper liners mini cupcake pan. 
  3. Make a indentation into each ball of dough with a flour dipped mini rolling pin or the back of a measurement teaspoon.
    Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. 
  4. Place filling into a piping bag, cut off edge of bag. Fill to the top edge of each crust.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes or until cookie tested with tooth pick comes out almost clean.
    Let cool before removing from mini cupcake pan. (If you made the smaller versions you are done.  Enjoy!)
  6. Melt chocolate chips in microwave and transfer to plastic bottle.
  7. Fill the cooled cheesecakes with chocolate and stick in fridge to set.
  8. Keep left over in fridge and best to let them set out for 5-10 minutes before eating to let chocolate soften slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment