I've been so excited to share the recipe; it is simply delicious and just as good if not better then the little Debbie version. OATMEAL CREAM PIES!
|margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and egg|
|Cream it all together|
|flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon|
|Whisk together dry ingredients|
|Add dry to the creamed mixture|
|Drop my scoop fulls on cookie sheet|
|The perfect time for me was 7 minutes DO NOT OVER BAKE|
|Dissolve salt in hot water|
|If you slightly over bake the pies NO FEAR they are still delicious just not as soft|
|marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla|
|Mix it together|
|Add cooled salt water and mix well|
|Assemble your delicious pies|
from Nosh With Me Via The Craving Chronicles
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick oats
Cream Filling Ingredients
2 teaspoons very hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In large bowl, cream margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3. Add to the creamed mixture; mix in the oats.
4. Drop dough by TBS on ungreased sheets. (I used a small cookie scoop.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees F.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes,or until just starting to brown around the edges. I recommend 7-8 minutes.
7. They will look moist; don’t overcook.
8. While the cookies bake prepare the filling.
9. In small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water.
10. Allow this to cool.
11. Combine marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla in med bowl; mix on high until fluffy.
12. Add the cooled salt water and mix well.
13. Spread filling on flat side of one cookie, press 2nd cookie on top.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!